Zynga wants to provide you with information to assist you in keeping your accounts safe and secure. Play it Safe!
Zynga will NEVER ask you for:
- Your account password
- Your social security number or tax identification number
Don’t trust threatening emails claiming to be from Zynga. Zynga will not email you notices of violations or breaches of “terms and conditions”
- Any email claiming to be from the “Zynga Police” or “Zynga Security” is not from Zynga. These emails often contain intimidating wording and threaten extreme actions if a user does not click a link.
- Any legitimate warnings issued from Zynga will occur in-game upon login.
Phishing and Protection:
For more information regarding safeguarding your account, please check out the links below:
In order to better protect your account security, Zynga recommends that you activate ‘Login Approvals’ for your Facebook account. This setting will send a security code to your phone when an unrecognized computer or device tries to access your account and will provide protection against hacking.
What are Login Approvals?
Login Approvals is an opt-in security feature similar to Login Notifications, but with an extra security step. With Login Approvals, each time you try to access your Facebook account from an unrecognized device (ex: any computer or mobile phone you haven't named and saved to your Facebook account), you will first have to enter a security code sent to your mobile phone.
To turn on Login Approvals:
- Go to your Security Settings page (Account > Account Security > Security)
- Click on the Login Approvals section
- Check the box and save your changes
- If you don’t have a mobile phone number linked to your Facebook account, you will need to add one. Follow the steps provided when you check the box to turn on Login Approvals or learn more.
- If you are haven't named the device you are on, you will be prompted to do so when you turn on Login Approvals. Do not click the Save this device option if you are using a public device (ex: a friend’s phone, a library computer).
- You can view and edit the list of devices linked to your Facebook account from the Recognized Devices section of your Security Settings page.
- After you turn on Login Approvals, we need to be able to remember your computer and browser information so we can recognize it next time you log in. Some browser features block this. If you've turned on private browsing or set up your browser to clear your history every time it closes, you might have to enter a code every time you log in.